Re: old forwarding question

1996-12-11 16:36:39
On Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:31:01 -0800 (PST), Chin Fang
<fangchin(_at_)jessica(_dot_)Stanford(_dot_)EDU> wrote:
<... No attribution, original author was apparently
     ezhmlz(_at_)st025(_dot_)fh(_dot_)zh(_dot_)ubs(_dot_)com ...>
But of course, this is a bit primitive... When a message is sent
to both 'gonzo' and alonzo' (TO: gonzo(_at_)me(_dot_)com,
alonzo(_at_)me(_dot_)com), the
first one coming in is forwarded to gonzo, and the second one
to...gonzo again!.. Which is perfectly normal, given these
recipes.

The short answer is that this is not the domain of Procmail. You can
make Procmail do this by using the c flag on every recipe and throwing
an error if none of them delivered anything at the end of the
.procmailrc, but this still doesn't solve the problem of BCC:s which
don't have any indication about the intended recipient, unless you
tweak your Sendmail configuration to include the envelope recipient
information, which is redundant, since you might as well use Sendmail
to sort them in the first place then.
  (Oh, great gurus, is this an accurate and sufficiently succinct
formulation of The Answer?)

You don't really need the more general ^TO_ or even ^TO.  The above

Sorry, but this seems to be the answer to a different question
altogether, or not an answer to anything at all.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.
* If you enjoy getting spam, I'd appreciate it if you'd register yourself