Re: unsubscribe

1996-12-11 21:52:19
At 09:34 PM 12/11/96 -0500, nick harland elucidated thus:
please unsubscribe me from this mailing list, although i find it
informative, the volume is just too much to manage in my mailbox.

Send unsubscribes to the ADMIN address:

        procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Use UNSUBSCRIBE as the *SUBJECT*

However, if you're truly interested in the content, but not the volume of
messages, I suggest you do one of three things:

        * Change your subscription to DIGEST.  Don't recall how the Procmail
                list handles this (would someone fill this in?), but it should
                be an option.  This would then send you periodic messages
                containing a weeks (or so) worth of traffic.  Much less email...

        * Use procmail to filter list messages into a mail folder that you
                can browse at will, but which doesn't fill your inbox.  Elm can
                read from multiple mailboxes.

        * Use a mail client (I use Eudora/Win95) to filter mail similarily.

---
NetCruisers:  http://www.professional.org/pse/
Home of NCUtil, 3rd-party utility links (including Winsock), and FAQs!

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395
 Internet: PSE(_at_)professional(_dot_)org     CompuServe: 72210,521