Anyway to change the From: line.

1996-12-24 16:26:26
I have tried for some time, with no results, trying to change the From: line
in a header of an email.

What I would like to do is change the From: line in the header of an email
for the following reasons.  I am trying to forward all emails to a fax
machine and have come across two services.  One is a one offered by
www.tpc.int which allows you for free to send a fax to a fax machine using
email.

However it sends a receipt back to the sender.  But I don't really want the
sender to get this receipt.  So I want to change it so it sends a receipt to
my other email address. (Which I don't intend to forward any emails to a fax
from here.)  Or else what I can do is send it using faxaway but that works
by recognising the From: line and then taking credits off your account and
sending it.

Also Is it possible to forward emails - but not forward any attachments?

I would really appreciate any help any one can give.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Federico De Fazio
federico(_at_)webworld(_dot_)com(_dot_)au