Re: [Procmail] FORWARD file and EXITCODE problem

1997-01-04 17:12:19
Hi Tim!  I'm a UNIX administrator and I like to fight spam!
I have my "~/.forward" file set up like this:

"IFS=' ' && |/usr/local/nuglops/bin/procmail -Yf- || `ksh -c 'echo
~vjl'`/bin/procmail -Yf-"
which (supposedly) provides a "secondary copy" of PROCMAIL.  The principle
is if "/usr/local/nuglops/bin/procmail" doesn't exist (the normal location
of PROCMAIL here at NetCom) for some reason, a secondary or backup copy of
PROCMAIL located in "~vjl/bin/procmail" will be called.  This is to prevent
loss of email should the first copy be down.
[snip]
Can anyone explain to me why things are acting this way.  It's almost like
PROCMAIL is getting called twice in the first "~/.forward" file.  I like
the idea of having a secondary copy of PROCMAIL called if the first copy
doesn't work, but not at the expense of "breaking" my SENDMAIL EXITCODE
bounce.

        Let's look at your forward file:

"IFS=' ' && |/usr/local/nuglops/bin/procmail -Yf- ||
`ksh -c 'echo ~vjl'`/bin/procmail -Yf-"

        Perhaps getting your homedirectory from ksh is confusing your
system into running procmail a second time.  Try substituting the
absolute path for your home dir and see what happens.

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam me and die!
Think your homepage sucks?  You haven't seen http://www.ot.com/~dmuth yet!!