MS-->Unix incompat pointer request

1997-01-05 21:15:03
This isn't strictly a Procmail question, so I apologize in advance,
but since this is the most generally-mailer-knowledgeable group I
know of, I thought I'd dare ask here.

I'm trying to track down the source of nonsense characters, trailing
equal signs, equal-three-D, etc., that appear when mail is sent
from Microsoft mailers (Exchange, Message, etc.) to Unix mailers.
I don't think it's an RTF issue, but something else.

Can someone point me to an appropriate newsgroup/list, or correspond
privately with me about this?  It doesn't seem to be strictly a MS
issue, or a Unix issue, but an incompatibliity between the two.

Ultimately, I can use procmail to clean the crud up, but I'd rather
be able to point my finger intelligently at the real problem.

Thanks in advance,
jimo(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com