Re: arguments (i.e. user+arg(_at_)domain)

1997-01-12 16:55:14
Antonio Bemfica <bemfica(_at_)militzer(_dot_)me(_dot_)tuns(_dot_)ca> writes:
I'm looking for some pointers at how to get sendmail to pass arguments to
procmail in an address.  I've been using procmail as the local delivery
agent for a while, but never managed to get the arguments part to work.
Sendmail always bounces the message (sendmail[7478]: XAA07478: SYSERR(root):
buildaddr: no user).  The sendmail.cf file is tremendously cryptic, it is
hard to figure this stuff without some hints (I read the 'advanced' examples
on the procmail distribution, but that didn't do it).  Any help would be
appreciated.

Well, your first step should probably be to upgrade to a recent version
of sendmail like 8.8, then generate a new sendmail.cf using the m4
config stuff that comes with sendmail version 8.x.  The ".mc" file that
you'll need to create should contain the line:

FEATURE(local_procmail)

among other things.  Writing this file, and upgrading are really
outside the scope of this mailing list, so you should check out the
comp.mail.sendmail FAQ:

        http://iamwww.unibe.ch/~guggis/sendmail/

Philip Guenther