Re: [Procmail] trying to cut down on volume of mail

1997-01-13 10:42:59
Hi jeffrey covey!  I'm a UNIX administrator and I like to fight spam!
GARBAGE=/dev/null

# Kill those annoying things that kill spams
:0 H
* ^Subject: *cmsg cancel.*

        Actually, that should be:

        The period before the asterik means any character.  In your
example, you had a space before it.  The trailing wildcards aren't necessary.

$GARBAGE

# too many people don't keep the subscribe info, then bug the list
# with unsub requests
:0
* ^FROM_DAEMON
* ^Subject: *unsubscribe

        Same as before.  Only spaces before the word unsubscribe will get
matched.  Replace that space with a period.

$GARBAGE

##cubase list
# i don't use cubase under any of these platforms or with this hardware,
# so i don't need to read about it.
:0
* ^(Cc|To).*cubase-users

        The list could be the recipient of a BCCed message.  Try changing
that to recognise the "Sender:" header.

* ^Subject.*(mac|atari|falcon|caf|cam|kurzweil|akai|yamaha|korg|roland)
$GARBAGE

##pegasus mail list
# don't use it on a lan, so don't need to read about that.
:0
* ^(Cc|To).*PM-WIN

        Same as before, beware of BCCs.

* ^Subject.*(netware|lan|mercury|mhs)
$GARBAGE

## tia list
# i don't use a mac.
:0
* ^(Cc|To).*tia-users

        Ditto.

* ^Subject.*mac
$GARBAGE

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam me and die!
Think your homepage sucks?  You haven't seen http://www.ot.com/~dmuth yet!!