Procmail from the aliases file? (again)

1997-01-15 07:57:43

I read the last thread about this issue, but want to make sure I
understand it all correctly.  My sysadmin will have to set it u, and
I don't want to have to go back to him and say "OOps, sorry, could
you change X to Y because X is a huge security hole

I am trying to set up a 'search' alias for 'peak.org'  where people
send a message to "search(_at_)peak(_dot_)org" and it runs procmail stuff.

1) this should be in /etc/aliases (is that the right file??)

        this should be the entry:
search: "|/usr/local/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/search"

2) does procmail have to be setuid root (chmod 4755 ?)

        BONUS:
        Q:  will procmail accept if /etc/procmailrc/search is a
link to a file in my home directory?  This way I don't have to have
root privs to change the /etc/procmailrcs/search receipes

Thanks

TjL

--
        Tj Luoma (luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org)