Renamed bogus error

1997-01-15 15:17:57
I've installed procmail 3.11pre4 on a Solaris 2.5 box.  I periodically
get the following error on the console:

Jan 14 19:43:27 falcon procmail[6845]: Renamed bogus "/var/mail/erojhan" into
"/var/mail/BOGUS.43LB"

(The username varies)

The source code has the following comments near there:

 /*
  *       check if the default-mailbox-lockfile is owned by the
  *       recipient, if not, mark it for further investigation, it
  *       might need to be removed
  */
          /*
           *      check if the original/default mailbox of the recipient
           *      exists, if it does, perform some security checks on it
           *      (check if it's a regular file, check if it's owned by
           *      the recipient), if something is wrong try and move the
           *      bogus mailbox out of the way, create the
           *      original/default mailbox file, and chown it to
           *      the recipient
           */

After the error occurs, I get two files:

-rw-rw----   1 erojhan  mail           0 Jan 14 19:43 /var/mail/BOGUS.43LB
-rw-rw----   1 erojhan  mail       31537 Jan 14 19:43 /var/mail/erojhan

Is this something I need to be worried about?

                                -- Obi-Wan

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth                         email:
bvh(_at_)inetnebr(_dot_)com