Re: [Procmail] Re: Create new mail with procmail

1997-01-16 22:30:21
Hi Alan K. Stebbens!  I'm a UNIX administrator and I like to fight spam!

   | Mail -s "$MATCH" my_pager(_at_)paging(_dot_)com </dev/null
    ^^^                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
      Um, I don't think MAIL is going to like input from TWO sources. :-)

      How about:

      | grep -i ^From: | Mail -s "$MATCH" my_pager(_at_)paging(_dot_)com

Thanks for trying to catch a bug, but, in this case the "|"
action command is only being used to run a command, and not
to feed any input.  I purposely was feeding Mail an empty body
message, with only a subject and a destination -- for paging
this is just fine (and is what I use for myself, actually).

The recipe header should have had an "i" flag (if not, *that*
would have been a bug).

Alan Stebbens <aks(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com>      http://reality.sgi.com/aks