Re: Lost messsages ?

1997-01-21 06:51:29
PPP-account/user with my ISP and my ISP isn't very Linux minded.

Find another ISP perhaps?

1) Via www.pobox.com I can create aliases let say user1(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com,
   user2(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com, ...
2) They redirect all the aliases to my PPP-account (e.g.
account(_at_)ISP(_dot_)com)
3) At my linux box I must split all the messages again to the different users.
The problem is the following :
If someone send a message to user1(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com and
user2(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
e.g. The message comes only in the file for user1.
     It depends on the contents of ~/.procmail/rc.testing

Using the c flag will help you out:
:0c:
* ^TOuser1
IN.user1

etc.

~/.procmail/rc.testing :
------------------------
:0:
* ^TO.*user1*
IN.user1

A few remarks:
1. Don't put an asterisk at the end of a regexp. The way you wrote
them, the recipes will match ``To: user'', followed by zero or more
digits 1, 2,... (Ok, I guess you changed the names for privacy
reasons, but the argument still holds.)
2. Don't put .* after the ^TO. The expansion of this macros ends in
something that is equivalent (and slightly better suited) to .*. Your
version would match `To: newuser1'. If you remove the .*, it won't.

You might get into trouble is one of your users is BCCd or on a
mailing list. If you're lucky, pobox will add a header that will be
recognised by procmail.

--
Guy Geens <guy(_dot_)geens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be>
Home Page: (to be announced)