Re: sendmail

1997-01-24 10:19:23
Rainer Enders <eedren(_at_)eed(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se> writes:
I have a question on integration of procmail into sendmail.

Do I have to change the "F=..." field as well? All I changed in the
cf file is changed P=/usr/mail to P=/usr/local/bin/procmail and
A=mail -d $u to A=procmail -a $h -d $u as you can see below.

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40
,
               T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
               A=procmail -a $h -d $u

Well, since you're using sendmail V8.8, you could just use the m4
config file generation scheme with FEATURE(local_procmail) to do it for
you.  Lacking that, the recommended flags for procmail with sendmail
8.8.0 to 8.8.4 are:

        F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn

'f' is prefered over 'r'; 'm' is not wanted because it doesn't save any
time and makes error returns from procmail difficult; 'P' gives you the
"Return-Path:" header; 'h' preserves the case of the "+detail" string;
'9' has a security hole in it in sendmail versions before 8.8.5
(released a few days ago).

Philip Guenther