Re: [Procmail] Automatic uudecode?

1997-01-27 23:43:40
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:28:37 -0500 (EST),
dmuth+3078301261997234047625568310433066(_at_)ot(_dot_)com (Doug Muth) wrote:
I receive quite a lot of soundfiles from a source via e-mail, all
of them is uuencoded. Is it possible to use procmail to automatically
     Off the top of my head, how about something like:
:0 BDb
* ^begin
* ^end$
cd $HOME/binaries
| uudecode

This is a syntax error; there cannot be more than one action line.
Try

| cd $HOME/binaries | uudecode

I believe all implementations of cd should pass their stdin along the
pipeline, but you will want to test this. An alternative might be

| cd $HOME/binaries && uudecode

If nothing else works, try adding a pathname to the begin line :-)

| sed -e "s#begin 6.. #&$HOME/binaries/#" | uudecode

/* era */

Somebody else posted about uudecode needing to have the mail headers
etc trimmed from the message before you pass anything to it. I have
never seen a uudecode that was this braindead. Trimming anything from
the message is most likely completely unnecessary and a waste of
resources.

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.
* If you enjoy getting spam, I'd appreciate it if you'd register yourself