Re: [Procmail] Automatic uudecode?

1997-01-29 00:50:08
Hi Philip Guenther!  I'm a UNIX administrator and I like to fight spam!
     Off the top of my head, how about something like:
Whoops, that'll deliver the body of the message to folders named "cd" and
"$HOME/binaries", then skip that bogus line "| uudecode".  One action per
recipe please.  Also, consider what'll happen when someone sends a message
that begins with:
begin ../.procmailrc 644
uudecode is a little to dangerous to feed arbitrary filename.

        Doh, I was a bit strapped for time, which is why I mentioned that
it was off the top of my head. ;-)

        If whoever made the initial query wants UUdecoding, I think the
best idea would be to pipe the mail into a shell script to see if the
file already exists and abort if it does.  Otherwise, the mail would be
decoded and the resultant file would be moved into what dir the user wanted.

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam me and die!
Think your homepage sucks?  You haven't seen http://www.ot.com/~dmuth yet!!