Re: problem with procmail

1997-02-02 15:18:29
Zbigniew Baniewski <zb(_at_)ispid(_dot_)com(_dot_)pl> writes:
 I've installed procmail on my system, it works excellent - but only for
root. I mean, only I (as root) can make use of advantage in having
.procmailrc scripts in his directory - it doesn't work for any other user
of my system. Only root can have f.e. working 'vacation' script - in every
other's user directory .procmailrc are simply ignored (it seems so, anyway...)

 It's Procmail V3.10 installed as local delivery agent on Linux 1.2.13
(I made appropriate changes in sendmail.cf, as it was written in
'advanced' file). What can be wrong ? Could someone help ?

1) Is procmail installed setuid root?  (Did you "make recommend"?)
2) What errors appear in sendmail's logfiles when someone else tries to
        use procmail?
3) Upgrade to procmail 3.11pre4.  Don't let the "pre" scare you: it's just
        plain better than 3.10.  The HISTORY file mentions:

               - /usr/spool/mail perm 1777, procmail setgid mail, procmail
                could not read .procmailrc files in 700 $HOME dirs, fixed

Philip Guenther