Re: aliases question

1997-02-02 15:27:10
Rani Chouha <rani(_at_)Riddler(_dot_)COM> writes:
  I just replaced /bin/mail with procmail as a local mailer, and
when I restarted sendmail, it looked ok except the fact that aliases
wouldn't work. When I run the "newaliases" command to update
/etc/aliases, I get the error cannot make newaliases for non-local users!
Does anybody know what that means?

It means you left off the 'l' flag in the local mailer definition.  What
was the old and what is the new local mailer definition?  The only things
that should be different between them are:
a)      the P= directive telling what program to run;
b)      the A= directive giving the arguments;
c)      the F= directive should *not* contain the 'm' flag and it *should*
                contain the 'S' flag, but otherwise it should be the same
                as before.

Philip Guenther