Re: mailbox in users' home directories

1997-02-04 13:24:21
Hello

I am a system administrator.  I am trying to incorporate procmail
and sendmail such that when mail arrives at my mail hub, procmail
would automatically kicks in to do the following:

1. instead of sendmail putting the mail in users' individual mailboxes
under /var/mail, I want procmail to intervene at this time, and put
the mail in the users' mailboxes in their home directories.

PROCMAIL could do that, but why reinvent the wheel?  What you want to do
should be done with SENDMAIL.

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
mailto:bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
Finger bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com for my PGP public key (Bits 1024/KeyID
09DA5C49).
PGP Key FPrint (09/03/94): 4C 97 F1 FA 70 55 68 91  49 D1 AD F2 DD 63 0C 15
---------------------> Please PGP encrypt your email <---------------------