Re: Syntax of scoring command negation

1997-02-06 10:05:42
Hi,

I snipped all side discussion to get back to the original question,
which is repeated at the bottom.

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:
It is my trial attempt to explain the grammer "correct" syntax
of:

w^x ! command

It's undocumented beacause it doesn't work.

OK. I got that from Lars' list e-mail.

THAT SYNTAX IS WRONG.  IT DOESN'T WORK.

OK. Then I'm still in search of the correct syntax that matches the
suggestion in the procmailsc man page.

As for the procmailsc(5) manpage, where does it suggest the above syntax
would work?  It described how a weighted program condition is scored,
but nowhere does it say that just because you're using scoring you can
leave off the '?' that makes it a program condition to start with.

Here is my request (posted to the list because I'd still like an
answer):

What syntax fulfils this description in the procmailsc man page,
where the return value of the program is used in the scoring
recipe:

PROCMAILSC(5)                                       PROCMAILSC(5)
Weighted program conditions
       If  the  program....

       If the exitcode of the program is negated, then, the exit-
       code  will be considered as if it were a virtual number of
       matches.  Calculation of the added score then proceeds  as
       if  it  had been a normal regular expression with n=`exit-
       code' matches.

I think this is a fairly simple question. We just got sidetracked
by an (apparently) incorrect answer.

Ken.

Mail: kmarsh(_at_)charm(_dot_)net             | Edit a binary .INI file, then
tell
WWW:  http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | me that UNIX is too complicated.