Installation Errors

1997-02-08 16:00:07
Hi!

I'm not a subscriber, but I am in a panic. I don't understand all the
technical jargon in a program that can't install itself without help. I
installed Apache, Perl, Excite for Webmasters, Counter files and other
things this weekend without any fatal errors, but I can't get through
this one. And all I really want to do is set up Smartlist.

I read README for Procmail and INSTALL and I looked at Makefile and
config.h without fully comprehending what the options are all about.
Make recommend survived okay, but not make install. The manual pages
land in the right spot, but not procmail itself and there are too many
errors. I get 3 "Stop! Error Code 1" messages and then nothing. Plus
these files stay in their own directories. Formail seems to be the choke
point.

Server: Intel running BSDi v2.x.

Bryan Trussler