Re: concatenated email

1997-02-12 14:18:30
Lincoln(_dot_)Chang(_at_)sv(_dot_)sc(_dot_)philips(_dot_)com (Lincoln Chang)
writes:
Enclosed is my email sent on yesterday morning (2/11), and I found out
late last night that I had stopped subscribing this email list some
sometimes ago.  That means if someone replied my email yesterday, I may
missed his/her email.  So if you are one of the kind person, please resend
your reply to me.  Pls also accept my apology for resending the following
email:  (I re-subcribed to this email list last night :-)
From usera(_at_)sv(_dot_)sc(_dot_)philips(_dot_)com  Sat Feb  8 22:56:55 1997
      :
      :
FFrom sendera(_at_)juno(_dot_)com  Mon Feb 10 13:58:22 1997
      :
      :
rom sendera(_at_)juno(_dot_)com  Mon Feb 10 13:58:23 1997

"FFrom " is generally an indication of a locking problem: procmail is
running into another process writing to the mailspool (possibly another
copy of procmail).

The above email all goes to my mailbox in my very last portion of
.procmailrc:

      :0
      mbox

If "mbox" is a single file, then the above is in error.  You should tell
procmail to use a locallockfile, ala:

        :0:
        mbox

come in seperately so it was either caused by my .procmailrc problem
or the old version of Procmail I have.

How old is "old"?

Philip Guenther