Re: spool mail to 2 different mail directories

1997-02-14 01:07:36

At 03:51 PM 2/13/97 -0500, Pam Skillman wrote:
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, James Beal wrote:

I think you can lock both of these; I'm only answering because I
haven't seen another answer, and I can't test this, so if someone
says I'm wrong, you should believe them I think!  :-)

HOWEVER... I think what I just suggested will also allow only one
filing to Backup at a time.  If your volume is high enough to make
that unacceptable, then maybe someone else can suggest something
better.

        So -- assuming that I'm using bash -- does this
        script look right?

##### Begin ~/bin/daily #######
#! /bin/bash
## Daily tasks
tday=`date +%Y%m%d`
cd ~/mh/backup || exit 1
lockfile  today.lock || exit 1
trap "rm -f today.lock" 0
mv today $tday
rm -fr today.lock  && trap -
gzip -9 $tday
find *.gz -maxdepth 0 -type f -mtime +30 -print0 | xargs -0 rm
exit 0
##### End of ~/bin/daily #####

        (I guess I'll find out in a few minutes if it does
        what I expect).

        This is intended to name my backup files in the form
        19970213 (today's date) -- 19970214 (tomorrow's) etc.
        (that part's been working for a week).

        What I've just added is the locking (which I'd neglected)
        and the gzip part and expiration line and the "trappings"
        (so to speak).

--
Jim Dennis,
info(_at_)mail(_dot_)starshine(_dot_)org