Re: How to tell if procmail is running?

Oh, I forgot to mention.  I first get my mail with fetchmail from my isp.
The mail could be anybody at mydomain.com.  So the reason I have the
procmailrc is to egrep on the users names and distribute it appropriately.
I get a lot of <nouser>@mydomain.com and would like to automatically bounce
those but I have to get the user stuff working first.  My isp has a
wildcard MX for mydomain.com.

TIAA,

richardl

        Yes, I figured.

        I really wish that ISP's would stop selling this as a
        "solution" to their customers.  It's very kludgy and
        doesn't conform to any sort of standard, RFC, or
        anything.

        UUCP would be a better idea.  Even an 'sendmail -q -oQ$YOURSPOOLDIR'
        script with some sort of "I'm done" signal would be closer.
        Oh well!

--
Jim Dennis,
info(_at_)mail(_dot_)starshine(_dot_)org