Re: RFC-consistent regexp to match name@(subdomain.)*foo.bar

1997-02-20 16:51:58
02/20/97 at 03:11 PM, ruck(_at_)cnd(_dot_)edu (John R. Ruckstuhl) said:

I will use
   * ^Subject: send-weather-report \/[a-z0-9_.-]+@([a-z0-9-]+\.)*foo\.bar$

(unless someone recommends further improvements -- or points me to a
fragment from "subscribe address" processing)

I am not new to regexs, but I am new to procmail, so I must ask if the
regex is case sensitive or not.  If it is not, you are fine.  If it is,
you will probably want to catch uppercase in addresses since I have seen
maybe people set up their mail programs as such.  Also, I would allow for
spaces at the end of the Subject: line just in case.  Otherwise, it looks
good...

 Rob Perelman          robp(_at_)eciti(_dot_)com  http://www.eciti.com/robp/
 San Diego Rocks    sdrocks(_at_)eciti(_dot_)com  http://www.eciti.com/sdrocks/
 Alphabet Records  alphabet(_at_)eciti(_dot_)com  http://www.eciti.com/alphabet/