Primitive things

1997-02-21 07:57:03

Hope you don't mind me asking some questions I suspect are really
primitive:

1) Is Smartlist better/more intuitive than procmail? Is it available as
share ware?

2) I have my own domain, narve.com. So all mails to
whatever(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
are forwarded to my real adress. (s432(_at_)lstud(_dot_)ii(_dot_)uib(_dot_)no).
Normally, I use narve(_at_)narve(_dot_)com as my email adress.

I would like to have some simple services:

- Aliasing: mail to myfriend(_at_)narve(_dot_)com should be forwarded (or
bounced, to
be precise) to, lets say myfriend(_at_)anotherdomain(_dot_)com

is the following correct:

:0 :
* ^TOmyfriend(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
! myfriend(_at_)anotherdomain(_dot_)com

It seems to be working, but I'm not sure... And if I add one c ( :0 c: )
in the first line, would I get a copy myself then?

- Simple mailing lists: mail to mygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com should be
forwarded to
several persons, of which I am one:

First I tried this:

:0 :
* ^TOmygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
{
   :0 c:
   ! person1(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu

   :0 c:
   ! person2(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu

   :0:
   narve(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
}

However, this creates a loop or something; person1 and person2 receives
about 20 copies of the message.

Also, this doesn't work:

:0 :
* ^TOmygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
! person1(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu, person2(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu,
narve(_at_)narve(_dot_)com

When I tried this, I got "to many hops" error.

This worked for a while, then I think I changed something (don't know
what... besides, I didn't get the mail myself.

:0 c:
* ^TOmygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
! person1(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu

:0 c:
* ^TOmygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
! person1(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu

:0 :
* ^TOmygroup(_at_)narve(_dot_)com
! narve(_at_)narve(_dot_)com

- Finally, I would like to have a simple file server service; is there any
(readable) introduction to this? The procmailrc manual file isn't very
intuitive... But this can wait, the most important thing is to get the
mailing lists working.

Can somebody tell me how to do this? Thank you in advance!

--
Narve