Re: Forwarding to Program-Generated Recipients

1997-02-23 14:09:11
Roy Rapoport asked,

| I need to set up an alias to address all our users who get their
| access via another provider, internetmci.com.  What I'd like to do
| is set up a procmail recipe so that mail hitting this recipe gets
| forwarded to a recipient list created by a program that would just
| parse through the aliases file and grep for these users.
|
| So far, I haven't seen a way to forward mail to an arbitrary,
| program-generated mailing list.  Is this possible?

I'm guessing that Roy means something like this:

The list of recipients for such mail is not static, and every time mail comes
in that should be forwarded to them, a program must be run to get a current
list of forwardees.

If the program writes the list of their addresses to stdout,

  :0
  * conditions if any
  ! `program -options arguments`

Make sure that your procmailrc's PATH includes the directory where the
program resides, or that you call the program by its full path (or by
its relative path from $MAILDIR).

Some older versions of procmail (don't have a history file handy, sorry)
may need this:

  :0
  * conditions if any
  ! -oi `program -options arguments`