sorting according to date order

1997-02-25 04:14:16
I apologize for sending this list such elementary questions. Please be
assured that I am very grateful for the help I receive. If people
think I am overdoing it, please tell me and I'll stop.

I have a mail folder to which messages have been added in a fairly
random order. I need a procmail/formail recipe for sorting
them into date order.

Could you please explain if I need a special rc file? How do I stop
the contents of the folder spewing into my regular incoming mail
folder? How do I stop procmail reading my default .procmailrc?

Thanks,
David Epstein