Re: Compiling on SCO

1997-03-02 21:58:22
On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

Wotan <wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
I've been trying to install 3.11pre4 on an SCO Openserver system.  Aside
from saying make is twisted, it doesn't give me any messages i have not
seen before. :)

And when compiled, it does almost everything exactly as I would like.
The problem is that it is not writing mail to folders in a readable
format.

What makes the format unreadable?  If there are control-A's between the
messages than check the very top of your config.h.  If it aint't that,
you'll need to describe it better (preferably by including an example).

Thats is the problem.  :-) I'll check this out.

Version 3.10 is installed on the system, and works fine - except for some
flaky looking logfiles and a refusal to seperate the headers from the body
of a message.  :(

1) what do you mean "refusal to seperate"?  Is the blank line missing?

I mean that if I use a recipe to seperate the body and headers - it will
do the proper testing, but fail to seperate them.  ie:

:0 B
* ^item1
* ^item2
| cat > file

results in headers being placed in the file with the message body.  This
works on other systems, just not this one.  :(

2) are you *sure* it isn't some recipe doing it?  Does it do this if you
   remove your .procmailrc?
3) flaky how?

It will generate a log that looks like this:

No From apparent