Procmail FAQ (was Re: err in log)

1997-03-03 08:27:35
On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 12:38:49 +0200 (EET), I wrote:
I've written up a FAQ which attempts to discuss this further. If
you're interested, have a look. Any comments on the text would be most
welcome.

Sorry for following up on myself so soon, but I've done some editing
of the FAQ which I'd like to receive comments on.

  * Lockfiles: Is this clear enough? Too verbose?
    Do you think this section is good enough to be incorporated in the
    manual? (I think the manual is too vague about file locking,
    a lot of newbies have problems with understanding what it's all
    about.)

  * Virtual domains: Other keywords I should mention which
    people are likely to use when searching for this information?
    Is my account of "transport" vs. "delivery" accurate?
    Anybody care to help out with the wording or actual examples
    of how to Do It Right?

  * Stupid "humorous" passages: Is there too many of them?
    Are they just confusing?

  * Anybody have experience of turning HTML documents into
    regularly posted mail articles? Do you think this list
    could benefit if I posted the FAQ here periodically?
    (Monthly, bi-weekly, setting up an autoresponder to
    automatically send it to first-time posters?)

I'm using a homegrown HTML preprocessor for producing this page so any
missing <>:s etc are likely to be an effect for this. If you notice
anything like that, especially in the example recipes, I'd sure like
to know about it.

Here's the URL again:

    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

Eagerly awaiting your comments, (in +private+ mail, please),

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>