procmail and HPUX

1997-03-04 09:59:45

Hello, I am trying to use procmail to filter my email.
It works pretty well, except that whenever I get mail,
it is writing some sort of log to my background display
(I use the root display).  I guess it is trying to write to
the console, and even when I pop up an console xterm, it writes
to the screen instead of the console xterm.

I tried running procmail with a "> /dev/null" at the end, but it didn't work.

I am running procmail using this .forward file

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 user"

and I use a .procmailrc with the following first few lines:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$HOME/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from

the procmail version is:
procmail v3.10 1994/10/31

I am running HPUX 9.05 on a 715/75.

If anyone could help me, I'd sure appreciate it!

Cheers,  Mike

--

C. Michael McCallum
                                    |  "Who are you today,
(209) 946-2393 Voice                |   Contrary Boy?"
(209) 946-2607 Fax                  |
http://dogbert.cop.uop.edu/mccallum | "..no!"   --my