Re: .rc files for the anal retentive

1997-03-11 03:41:51
Did you try it on yourself?

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, [Top Secret] wrote:

i've been putting together an .rc file for my domain that essentially
sets up forwards to lots of friends (not  true aliai [newspeak plural of
alias]).  but the list is getting a bit long.  here is how a normal entry
looks:

# familiar name
:0
* ^TO_user(_at_)thisdomain(_dot_)net
! users(_at_)realddress(_dot_)com

what i would like to do is make the .rc files easier on the eyes, and
easier to search through, hopefully something like this:

# familiarname
:0 * ^TO_user(_at_)thisdomain(_dot_)net ! users(_at_)realddress(_dot_)com

although this doesn't answer the unspoken wish of alphabetical sorting by
# familiarname, it certainly makes a page of aliai easier to sift
through.  BUT i've tested this and, as you might have guessed, it does
not work.  i'm not unix buff, but i'm willing to learn.  have you got any
ideas?  how do YOU deal with lengthy/frequently changing .rc files?

thanks in advance,
--(gill)
          gill(_at_)topsecret(_dot_)net               i think my brain is
running out of ram.
         star(_at_)interaccess(_dot_)com            isn't there somthing i
can do with the cache?
       HTTP://www.topsecret.net                                       --jaime
heller
HTTP://homepage.interaccess.com/~star