Extracting text from a message

1997-03-11 04:04:25
I'm interested in extracting the e-mail address (only the address, no
name or list name) from the message below automatically.

These messages are standard and the e-mail address will always appear in
the same place, although "RAVFRAND" may be changed to other things (of
which I have a list in a text file, one per line).

Once extracted, I want to run a program and pipe the e-mail address as a
variable to it.

Thanks,

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)webdreams(_dot_)com |
http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:41:49 -0500
From: Shamash ListProcessor <listproc(_at_)shamash(_dot_)org>
To: Brock Rozen <brozen(_at_)torah(_dot_)org>

User nachmanl(_at_)juno(_dot_)com has requested subscription to list RAVFRAND.
If you approve, send either of the following requests to
listproc(_at_)shamash(_dot_)org:

add RAVFRAND <password> nachmanl(_at_)juno(_dot_)com Nachman Levine

or

system RAVFRAND <password> nachmanl(_at_)juno(_dot_)com #SUBSCRIBE RAVFRAND
Nachman
Levine

where 'password' is the list's password, as given to you by the manager of
this system.