Re: formail: cannot open

1997-03-13 09:48:02
era eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi> writes:
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:30:39 -0600, Philip Guenther
<guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
Deena Divakar <ddivakar(_at_)macaw(_dot_)retix(_dot_)com> writes:
Can somebody explain to me why this message is appearing in the log
file and how to fix it?
procmail: Executing "formail,-D,8192,msgid.cache"
formail: formail: cannot open
procmail: Program failure (1) of "formail"
Where is formail installed?  Is that directory in the PATH used by

I don't think that's it, as the error message seems to be coming from
formail itself.
 Compare:

$ cat scratch/prc
:0
| moomail

$ procmail scratch/prc < rmail.out
/bin/sh: moomail: cannot open

I think the first bit of the error message depends on the shell.  With
Solaris 2.5 I get:

lunen% cat /tmp/foo
:0
| moomail

lunen% procmail /tmp/foo < /dev/null
moomail: moomail: cannot open

I played around (don't have the source handy) and tried to get that
same error somehow, and I couldn't, but I found another interesting
glitch:
formail: Couldn't open
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Cute.  Send a note to Stephen...