Re: Bozo script

1997-03-13 13:10:35
Michael Ghens <michael(_at_)spconnect(_dot_)com> writes:
I know this beaten to death, but I need a bozo script. The ones I have
found on the net were a little draconian.

How so?

Something like

: 0
* ^(_at_)somespammer
{
      :0 c
      MAIL=77

      :0
      !/dev/null
}

So, what are you trying to do?  The above delivers to a file named
        MAIL=77
which seems kinda odd.  Perhaps you meant to set the exitcode of procmail
to 77 so that sendmail would return give and EX_PERM error, no?  To do that
you would say:

:0
* ^(_at_)somespammer
{
    EXITCODE = 77
    # Unsetting HOST (normally) causes procmail to give up delivery.
    HOST
}

That's the easy part.  The real question, which *you* must answer, is
how do you recognize email from a spammer?  I suggest you look through
the list archives for examples of how people have done this in the
past, as I have no idea what you meant by the regexp you gave

        ^(_at_)somespammer

Philip Guenther