Re: getting rid of the body, keepin the header

1997-03-19 16:17:13
This may be an easy question, but I cannot seem to find the answer.

I am on a certain SPAM-fighting list that generates a lot of email
All I really want or need is the SUBJECT lines from theses
messages.  The body can go to /dev/null.

So, when the messages arrive at my ISP account (with procmail) I'd
like to dump the body and keep the headers so when I d/l the message
to my home machine I don't have to waste time d/l the body that
will be thrown away when it arrives here (on my local machine, where
I parse the subject and dump the message).

        :0h:
        * ^From.*SPAM\-fighting\ list
        $ORGMAIL

Of course, replace the condition line (i.e., '* ^From.') with whatever
condition you wish to match and "$ORGMAIL" with whatever mailbox you want
it to go to.

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
mailto:bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
Finger bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com for my PGP public key (Bits 1024/KeyID
09DA5C49).
PGP Key FPrint (09/03/94): 4C 97 F1 FA 70 55 68 91  49 D1 AD F2 DD 63 0C 15
---------------------> Please PGP encrypt your email <---------------------