Re: getting rid of the body, keepin the header

1997-03-20 18:48:16
"Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> writes:
I am on a certain SPAM-fighting list that generates a lot of email
All I really want or need is the SUBJECT lines from theses
messages.  The body can go to /dev/null.

To get rid of the body:

        :0 fb
        | >/dev/null

to only keep the subject from the headers:

        :0 hf
        | grep ^Subject:

I don't know how well procmail deals with emptied bodies though (not that I
would expect it to be buggy, but I seem to remember something about the "empty
line separator" being lost with some filtering rules)

        Stefan