Re: Re^2: Put From/Subject into BODY

1997-03-20 20:09:04
At 05:46 PM 3/20/97 +0900, Mitusuru Furukawa wrote:
era eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi>,

[snip]

era> JST is a fictitious time zone, what is the time zone of Japan?

I do not know what do you mean by fictitious.
Then, is there any time zone that is not fictitious?

I believe he means he made "JST" up for the example of what might
show up in the "From_" header (which is not an "official" header).
He didn't know (nor do I) what would be put there, whereas
EST or EDT (-0500 or -0400) might show up on the East Coast of the
US, for example.  It may show up as "+0900" or not at all, but
it doesn't really matter  :-)

The RFC's only describe US timezone letter abbreviations anyway, plus
GMT, and the later RFC's strongly encourage the numeric ones (and say
not to use the military ones, where they messed up the sign).

Cheers,
Stan