How can I insert "From " headers....

1997-03-24 13:49:51

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:22:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Dana Krempels <dkrempel(_at_)fig(_dot_)cox(_dot_)miami(_dot_)edu>
Subject: Chas Update (long)

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:21:47 -0500
From: conni james <cljames(_at_)erols(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: Kia update

[snip]
------------------------------
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:30:03 -0500
From: conni james <cljames(_at_)erols(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: jumping

At 12:02 AM 1/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
[snip]
------ sample digest end here ------------------------------------

As you can see, each message consists of a Date:, From: & Subject: header,
followed by the message body.  The messages are separated by a line of 29
"="s (I think thats an RFC1153 style digest.

Ideally, I'd like to feed a digest to a formail/procmail/? pipe and end up
with standard u*ix mailbox file where each message starts with a "From "
header.  It would be nice to get rid of the RFC1153 separators, but not
essential.

If I must, I can live with haveing the digest split into individual
messages as long as each one starts with the "From " line.

Can somebody provide me with a clue?

adTHANKSvance

Simeon
--
simeon(_dot_)nevel(_at_)schwab(_dot_)com   =-=-=-=-=A rabbit is just an angel
with big ears!