Re: How can I insert "From " headers....

1997-03-25 01:52:31
Simeon ben Nevel asked,

| I need to be able to insert an
| appropriate "From " (no ":") in front of each message in the digest but I
| can't figure out how to get formail/procmail to do so.

  formail -eds < digest_file > folder_for_articles

If the digest begins with a table of contents or something else that is
not an article,

  formail +1 -eds < ...

If there will always be a blank line before the first inner subheading for
a new article, you can speed things up by omitting `e' from the options.
-e tells formail -s to be ready for a new message to start on any line
instead of only on lines that are preceded by blank lines.