procmail, NeXT, and memory problems?

1997-03-31 07:57:41
I'm having a problem with procmail 3.11pre4 (and earlier versions)
on a NeXTstep system where receiving a large (multimegabyte) file will
cause procmail to suck up all the memory, filling up the drive with
the swap file, and eventually crashing the machine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and know a workaround for
it?

Also, I've noticed 3.11pre4 is two years old, and that there is no
newer version. I take it procmail is no longer being developed?

Please cc me any replies, as my list subscription request hasn't gone
through yet.