extracting the TO address

1997-03-31 09:57:07
I have a procmail recipie that processes mail sent TO many differnt
addresses.  This receipie looks at the TO address, and forwards it on.

I am currently using procmail condtions that look like this

:0
* ^TO_ \/[^ ,@]+

or

:0
* ^TO_ \/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(_at_)(_dot_)*

My understanding of TO_ is that it will capture the address from various
different headers, and leave behind all other info.  However, it leaves the
<> around the email address, when mail comes in that way.  I am also having
troubles with backticks getting into addresses.

Since FORMAIL does such a good job of extracting the real address, is there
any tricks I can use to get FORMAIL to extract the TO address, as opposed
to the FROM_ address.

Thanks

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            4615 Post Oak Place, Suite 140
mdm(_at_)internet-tools(_dot_)com          Houston, Texas 77027
http://www.internet-tools.com   713.627.9600