Can procmail be use to forward contents of an INBOX?

1997-03-31 11:31:56
I'm using procmail to foward mail between my work and home accounts.

I've got things set-up so that I can use an e-mail message to turn the
forwarding mechanism on and off.

Sometimes however, a buncho mail has already arrived before I have a
chance to turn the forwarding on at a particular location.

Is there a what to get procmail to process the contents of my in-box
(which is /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME) and forward the messages individually
to a specified address?

Would I somehow invoke procmail itself from within my .procmailrc?

At work I have the following:

:0
* ^Subject: sendmailhome
| touch $HOME/.sendmailhome

:0
* ^Subject: dontsendmailhome
| rm -f $HOME/.sendmailhome

:0
? test -f $HOME/.sendmailhome
! snevel(_at_)my(_dot_)isp(_dot_)com

At my ISP I have something similar to forward mail to work.

I *do* realize that I should have some mail-loop detection here, but I'm
unsure how to insert the X-Loop: header as part of the last recipe.  I do
know how to test for it.

adTHANKSvance.

Simeon
--
simeon(_dot_)nevel(_at_)schwab(_dot_)com   =-=-=-=-=A rabbit is just an angel
with big ears!