Re: Better way to match "$"?

1997-03-31 11:36:37
On 31 Mar 1997 11:51:46 -0500,
feren(_at_)ctron(_dot_)com (Andrew C. Feren) wrote:
     I was trying to write a rule to match dollar signs ('$'), but
     procmail always seemed to treat the $ character specially no
     matter how I quoted or escaped it. I ended up using the
     pattern "[^ -#%-~]".

Is the dollar sign the first thing on the line? If not, \$ should work
just fine. Another thing you could try is [$].
  (The pattern you developed excludes control characters and high-bit
characters such as ISO-8859 accented characters. Neither may be a
problem.)

/* era */

(Both of the following work as expected here under Procmail 3.11pre4.

:0
* \$
/dev/null

:0
* [$]
/dev/null

If you still have problems, try posting the failing recipe and a log
experpt with VERBOSE logging turned on.)

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>