Small problem with procmail filter

1997-04-05 08:15:00
Hi All,
I am new to the list and I need some help with procmail.

I have the following statement at my
.procmailrc file at $HOME/
------------[snip]--------------------
# split up the redhat digest
       :0:
       * ^Subject:.*redhat.*digest
       | formail +1 -eds cat >> list-redhat.425
---------------[snip]-------------

I do not remeber where I did get that line but it
is supposed to split a digest mail in different
e-mails. It normally works fine when a digest email
arrives to my system.
The problem is that I do not know why but I
always got an "empty" folder called list-redhat.425
at my normal directory for mail folders even there
is not any digest message on the incoming folder.

Sorry if it is not well explained. If you need a
more detailed explanation please tell me and I will
try to explain it in a different way.

Please reply by email to fjherna(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net, I have
just joined the list (at least I have tried ...)
but I am not sure if it went ok.
:-))

Best regards,

Javi,          _____            fjherna(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net