Re: Help a Procmail Newbie

1997-04-05 11:06:00
I posted the following message a few days ago:

[SNIP]
I have read the Faqs.

I have been a suscriber to this list for 100 messages now,
and have tried to make sense out of your pros before i
buckled under and asked.

I am running Apache, and want procmail to send an
autoresponder to the sender and  make a carbon copy of the
message to be forwarded on to my home address.

This has seemed so frustrating.  If someone would like to
help with this recipe and maybe point out my ignorance, I
would love it.  In fact if many people would like to help
that would be even better... Thanks in advance.
[SNIP]

and I guess I expected a lot of response.  I have been a suscriber to
the list for a while, and have tried to do this on my own, but
haven't been able to.  Could someone please help me out... I admit
it, I'm not elite.

simple

I didn't respond because I didn't understand your question.  To the
best of my knowledge, Apache is a HTTP server, not an SMTP server,
so I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Autorepsonding
and forwarding is not too hard with procmail (or even just with
sendmail) but the inclusion of an HTTP server in the description
may mean that you are actually trying to something more than that.