Re: Recipe syntax problem

1997-04-05 20:19:00
On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, MAILBOX wrote:

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Tim wrote:

      :0 E
      { FORMAIL=`ksh -c "echo ~vjl/bin/formail"` }

And I wonder about the tilde in line five. Your recipe didn't get that
far on the example you sent, but procmail won't expand tildes, if that
is what you wanted it to do. Or will it, in this case? I haven't tried
using ksh this way in setting a var.

This is Netcom.  Where the most recent official version of Procmail is
2.92 I believe.  And its the same with many other popular progras.  :(

So, many of us users have compiled more recent versions of thse programs.
Netcom, unofficially, provides disk space for procmail.  And space for
links to other programs the suer base wants to let anyone use.

The downside of this is that occassionally the files in the nuglops
directory are unavailable.  :(  So some of us link to copies that others
may keep.  In this case vjl.

And peridodically, netcom plays its version of a shell game.  And moves
our $HOME's with no warning and broken links.  :-O

So what this line does is use ksh's tilde extraction to find the right
directory for vjl's stuff.  Looks clumsy, but it does work.

--
If God had meant for us to be in the Army, we would have been born with
green, baggy skin.