Re: use autoresponders with caution, not with abandon

1997-04-09 10:07:00
Roy Rapoport <rsr(_at_)shadowfx(_dot_)ide(_dot_)com> writes:
Looks like res_query is the C function I need to use; I'm probably, over
the next few days, going to write a small program that will take an address
and make sure the FQDN is valid, then incorporate it into procmail recipes.
Once I know it's working, I'll consider hacking it into my copy of procmail
and once I know _it's_ working, I'll try to persuade whoever it is who
maintains it currently to include it in the master source.

May I suggest that you leave your program as a separate program, and
not try to add this functionality to procmail itself?  99.999% of the
procmail invocations out there don't need this functionality, and I'm
not even sure how you would invoke this function from your .procmailrc.
What's wrong with leaving it a separate program?

Philip Guenther