lock files for $DEFAULT

1997-04-16 05:50:00
Ok.

Do I have any choice where lockfiles go for $DEFAULT?

When does $DEFAULT acquire it's lock files?

It's trying to acquire a  look file in /var/mail/ which I don't have write
access to. So am I do explicitly define a $DEFAULT rule at the end of my
.procmailrc and name the lockfile to be placed elsewhere?

I'm only concerned with procmail seeing the lock file.

Does Pine use the same locking file format? and can Pine's lock file also
been placed where I like them for the inbox?