Variable not expanding properly

1997-04-20 14:25:00
I'm having problems with a variable not expanding properly during
testing.  Here's the setup:

I have a variable declared in my variables list at the top of my
.procmailrc:

NOLOOP=login(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

I use this as the content of the "X-Loop:" header which my script
inserts into all autoresponses.  I have tested this with a test
message, and the autoresponder recipe does in fact insert this
header properly.  (I have a test email address whose only purpose
is to bounce back an autoresponse, and tried this out with it.)

The script then tests for the presence of this header like this:

:0
mailer

The problem is that my script does not spot the X-Loop header.  When
I change the variable above to "login(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" (actually, to my
noloop email address), it works perfectly.

I cannot figure out why the script is failing at this point.  Any
ideas?  Thanks!

Catherine