Mime processing

1997-04-21 04:12:00
Hi all,
I sent this to the exmh maillist earlier, this might be a better plase to ask.

/Anders

--------Snip
Question:
Is there a way to preprocess a mail on a mime basis? I know procmail is
great for insertion and extraction of individual headers etc. but how do I
pre process e.g. an application/xxx part?

I would like to be able to filter each part individually (e.g. making gifs
out of jpgs) and add parts as I like (e.g. change a postscript part into a
multipart/alternative with the postscript and a created pdf part).

This might seem like silly idea, but taking this a step further one might
preprocess application/ms<anything> with a script communication with an
NT-server transforming the info into unix-readable form as an alternate
view of the data.

Comments?

-------Snap
    / Anders Eriksson anders(_dot_)c(_dot_)eriksson(_at_)telia(_dot_)se /___\
    | Voice: +46 92075403                        |
    | Snail mail: Telia Research AB, Aurorum 6,  |
    | S-977 75 Lulea, Sweden                     |
    | Dogs crawl under fences,                   |
    | software crawls under Windows.             |