Procmail to filter out Spam

1997-04-24 12:58:00
I have set up some procmail recipes to dump any spam/junk email to
/dev/nul.  My recipes look like this

:0 : nuldev
* ^From.*natureplus.com
| /dev/null

However, often I get the following error in my procmail.log file

procmail: Error while writing to "/dev/null"

As a result, the message gets through my defenses.  Many users on my
system use this type of recipe and we have all seen the above error
sometimes (the error seems to happen more often than a successful
filter to /dev/nul). Can anyone help me diagnose how to make my
recipe/system more robust to this error?

I am not a subscriber to the procmail list, so I would appreciate
being cc'd via email on any replies.

Thank you for your attention

Bill Jenuwine       | Internet: wjenuwin(_at_)ford(_dot_)com